Thank you Surrey, for four wonderful years as City Councillor! ~ Mike Starchuk
A great morning with the transit users in Newton with everyone looking forward to using LRT in the near future.
The riders were excited about the youth passes for those 18 and younger, and all were very happy with the Surrey First platform on public safety.
Remember to get out and vote this Saturday for Tom Gill, Mike Starchuk and the Surrey First team.
In the Surrey Municipal election, it is important that everyone’s voice is heard, and each individual is given a chance to cast their vote.
To that end, below are the dates to get out and vote:
October 6th, 10th, 11th, or 13th.
The advanced polls are held at six locations throughout the city of Surrey, and are open 8 am to 8 pm. The advanced poll locations are:
- Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre
13458 107A Ave.
- Guildford Recreation Centre
15105 105 Ave.
- Fleetwood Community Centre
15996 84 Ave.
- Newton Seniors Centre
13775 70 Ave.
- Cloverdale Recreation Centre
6188 176 St.
- South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre
14601 20 Ave.
To find out more information, please click here to visit the City of Surrey’s 2018 Municipal Election website.
The last Sunday of the Farm Fresh Sundays is just around the corner. Sunday the 24th (Tuesday the 26 at Tap Restaurant) is the last weekend where you can choose from menus that feature local produce in restaurants in all of our town centres. There has been great feedback and support for this project and I look forward to next year. The imagination of the Chefs, to keep it local and great tasting, is amazing.
Our newest participant, Greek Islands (Fleetwood) will be having a draw for a couple of $50.00 gift certificates for those who order from the Farm Fresh Sunday menu. I wish them well with this added bonus to promote our local agricultural producers. It’s no secret I left there, last Sunday, full and delighted to support our local economy.
Participating Restaurants are:
- Bozzinnis – 13655 104 Avenue, Surrey – website
- Elements Casino – 17755 60 Avenue, Surrey – website
- Maharaja Restaurant – 8148 128 Street, Surrey – website
- Old Surrey Restaurant – 13483 72 Avenue, Surrey – website
- Greek Islands – 9547 152 Street, Surrey – website
- Tap Restaurant * – 101-15350 34 Avenue, Surrey – website
- The Taphouse – 15330 102A Avenue, Surrey – website
* Tap Restaurant will offer their menu on Tuesdays, as they are closed on Sundays.